Friday, January 16, 2015

#7 - Protein Powders and Vitamins and medic alert bracelts oh my





Protein Powders:

Okay so when I went to that store she gave me a few samples to try......

Whey Protein Isolate Isoflex Chocolate (with real chocolate chips): I actually really liked this one.....as much as you can like a protein powder. It has 0 grams of sugar, 115 calories, 1 carb and 27 grams of protein. I mixed it with about 11 oz of 1% milk and it (almost) tasted like a runny chocolate milkshake. B+

IsoNatural Chocolate: Went downstairs and grabbed a milk.....2% was all they had. Mixed it up with my shaker bottle and lo and behold it tastes like slim fast.....not a fan.

She mentioned that the Isoflex has a 'cookies and cream' flavour that's amazing....her 13 year old daughter drinks them just because they taste good so I might ask to get one of those and one of the chocolate. They were $53.00 for a giant tub but with the 25% off she is going to give me they would be about $39.75 so not too bad.....especially when the Atkins Advantage premixed ones are $10 on sale for 4 of them so I would be out in about 5-6 days for the same price as one large tub of this.

I've been on the search to find a flavourless one that I can mix into other things (broth, oatmeal etc.). Everyone on ALM is raving about this one called Genepro and saying it's amazing and flavourless.  http://www.amazon.com/Musclegen-Research-Genepro-Genetic-Tri-Protein/dp/B00K6OSDYA.

It's always said I can't order it because they don't ship to Canada but get this.....just NOW starting to rant and plugging the link in above I went and looked at it again and get this it now no longer says it won't ship here!!!!! It actually just let me order it. A bit pricey, with shipping it's $53 and I'm sure that's USD so with exchange I'm looking at about $63 which breaks down to about $2.06 per serving but if it's as amazing as everyone says then who the fuck cares I will pay it!! Say's it should be here by January 26th....SUHWEET! 

Vitamins:

Now as far as the vitamins go, everyone is saying the same things but nobody is really confirming the dosages needed. A 'good' multivitamin, calcium, biotin - 10,000 mcg, B12 - and then some others are saying to add iron. Well I found some that I like, and I tried to aim for all sub-lingual (melt under the tongue) or chewables as I don't know how hard it will be to swallow pills afterwards. The ones I like are:


WalMart

  • Caltrate Calcium soft chews with vitamin D3 (Vanilla) - 60
    • Actually not too chalky and has a fairly appealing taste.
  • Nature's Bounty Biotine - sub-lingual (Cherry). 2500 mcg - 100 tablets. 
    • Good flavour and they melt fairly quickly uinder your tongue. These are only 2500 mcg and everyone is saying to take 10,000 so that would be 4. Right now I've started with 2 per day so 5,000.

 Safeway:

  • Webber Natural's B12 - sub-lingual (Cherry). 2500 mcg - 60 Tablets. 
    • Good flavour and melts quickly. Only 1 per day according to the bottle.
  • One a Day - Women's Gummies with Calcium Complete Adult Multivitamins - 60
    • These are awesome. They actually taste like normal fruit gummies. Have to remind myself not to eat the whole bottle. Only 2 per day. 

Medic Alert Bracelets

Now I've also been hearing from people that it's a good idea to get a medic alert bracelet. This way if (god forbid) you're ever in an accident and they have to put an NG tube down your throat they won't do it blind and puncture your little tummy.

Again, one of those American vs. Canadian things. Most of these companies are out of the states and are ridiculously expensive. The one I love is below but really I'm looking at $80.00 with shipping and exchange and that's WITHOUT the engraving because they charge extra for that. Are you fuckin kidding me? A medic alert bracelet is meant to be engraved, how fair is it to charge extra for that?

http://www.elegantmedicalalert.com/Phoenix_Stone_Beaded_Wrap_Medical_ID_Bracelet.html

Ugh maybe I can find something local or at least Canadian that's a bit cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment