Thursday, January 22, 2015

# 10 - Day 2 pre-op......


Day 2.......

Well I'm still alive so far.

My breakfast of protein powder mixed with 1% milk is keeping me fairly full until lunch and then my second one is good as well. I read that you can take one metamucil caplet per day if needed to help with hunger. I took one yesterday and one today and don't really find that they help much.

I'm pretty proud of myself though. Sean called me yesterday to ask me about my shepherds pie that's in the freezer (one of my favourite foods) and I said no go ahead and eat it. Then I said oh hey wait we might as well have that tonight and I'll start my salad tomorrow.......guess what? DIDN'T do it.....so proud of myself. I could have gone with yet another stupid excuse.....tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

I pulled out all of my salad stuff and dutifully started cutting and putting everything together and then I took my giant salad and I hid in the bedroom eating it and watching TV while the boys ate my (AMAZING) shepherds pie. lmao

I am posting a picture of it to remind myself how good it looks (and tastes) when my tummy is telling me to cheat. I put the following in it:
  • 1/2 Cucumber sliced
  • 1 beefsteak tomato cut into chunks
  • 75 grams cauliflower pieces
  • 50 grams Baby yellow, orange and red bell peppers
  • 1/4 cup kidney beans
  • 5 oz cooked and seasoned chicken breast
  • 3 tbsp honey dijon dressing

It totally filled me up and I didn't cheat at all last night even though the boys ate my shepherds pie and there are cookies and gummies all over the counter.....oh and buns and bread that make me drool.

Le sigh.......Britney did 2007.....I can do day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment