Monday, June 3, 2019

#17 - The Wedding Dress(es)

Wedding Dress Get Free Suggestion Based On 2023 Trends |  lacienciadelcafe.com.ar


Quite some time before Sean proposed to me I bought a wedding dress lol. Walking down the street in Vancouver with work friends I saw a dress in the window, went in and tried it on and it was so pretty. 



 

I thought, I love this and it’s only $500 and I assume he will be proposing soon so hey why not…….

 

If he doesn’t then I get rid of the dress…….and him lmao

 

Well he finally proposed on Christmas day 2017. 






We knew we wanted to get married in Mexico so we started planning so we could give family and friends as much notice as possible to allow them to save up to attend so we planned it for May 2019. 

 

When I started planning I still assumed I would use my pretty dress I had and it was light and airy and would be perfect for the extreme heat and humidity of Mexico. 


However when I tried it on again, sadly I was no longer sold........hmmmmmm.

 

I don’t know what changed but I no longer felt the same about the dress so I knew I needed to look around, but trust me I had ZERO desire to. Even though I've lost weight I do not "enjoy" shopping like most ladies so wedding dress shopping was not an exciting prospect for me.  

 

My best friend was coming to spend Christmas with us in December 2018 so perfect timing to check out David’s Bridal with her and my sister so I could look for a dress and they could look for their bridesmaid dresses.

 

December 27, 2018, we go to the appointment and lo and behold when I am about to give up and say "fuck this noise I have a dress and none of these have been better than that one", I try on literally “ONE LAST FUCKIN DRESS” (I may have actually said that I think) and when I came out of the room the looks on their faces and the tears in their eyes made me go look in the mirror and shit……well I was done, I started crying.......and I said yes to the dress and never looked back. 

 

I was sitting at about 150 lbs at this point so still 83 lbs down from where I started before surgery.

 

The dress would need some alternations and I found an amazing local place to do them and worked with her closer to the date to go back and forth for fittings and check ins.   

 

In March 2019, I went back to pick up my dress and I have never felt more like a princess (well except maybe on the actual wedding day). I felt to absolutely beautiful and was then more sure than ever this dress was made to be worn by me and that I had made the right decision getting a different dress. 

 

On May 15, 2019, on a 30+ degree day in the Mayan Riviera when I put that dress on and came walking down the aisle I have never felt more beautiful (and disgustingly hot lol) in my entire life. 

 







FYI I am STILL trying to sell that first dress. I put it down to as low as $100 and no takers so I even tried donating it to an organization and they weren't taking any more.....sigh......Might have to turn it into some kind of expensive halloween costume one day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment